The Parkour Rebellion Breaks New Ground on Consoles:
Hover Launches for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
Playdius Invites Players to Join the Rebellion and Experience the Freedom of Movement on Console Together with Steam Friends
Paris — Sept. 18, 2018 — Independent developer Midgar Studio and global game publisher Playdius announced today the official console launch for the futuristic parkour game Hover! Available today for $24.99/24.99€ on PlayStation®4 and launching soon for Xbox One on Sept. 19 and Nintendo Switch™ on Sept. 20, 2018. The game has been rated “E for Everyone” by the ESRB (PEGI 12 in Europe).
Hover on consoles also brings cross-platform play*, allowing console owners to join forces with Steam friends as they dash, slide, and bounce through Hover City in rebellion against the city’s Great Admin.
Hover is a fast-paced single and multiplayer parkour game set in a futuristic 3D open world. The game takes place in ECP17, a high-tech city also called Hover City by its inhabitants and located on a distant planet. The Great Admin cut the communication with the Galactic Union and established a strong dictatorship. Having fun has become illegal and entertainment is banished.
You’re in charge of a team of young rebels, who fight against the new anti-leisure laws oppressing the city. Equipped with high-tech gears allowing amazing jumps and speed, the rebels can roam the city to sabotage the propaganda, help citizens, and put an end to the oppression by reaching the Galactic Union!
To watch the launch trailer for Hover on YouTube, please head here: https://youtu.be/qcm72a9LFeo
Hover unique features include:
- An amazing City: Hover City is a huge futuristic colorful city. Its buildings offer breathtaking vertical playgrounds.
- Astonishing moves: Slide, bounce, dash and wall-jump through Hover City thanks to your high-tech suit.
- Online multiplayer: Join your friends online at any time and continue the adventure together, whether you are cooperating or working against them. Participate in races, events or score battles created in real time by the community.
- Level up mechanics: Gain experience and unlock chips that improve the aptitudes of your character. You can trade your spare chips in order to get better ones through the E-Swap trading system.
- A customizable experience: Instantly switch from single to multiplayer, whenever you want. Play first or third person or activate the auto camera that mixes both and offers you a dynamic experience.
- A dynamic J-Pop inspired soundtrack: composed by Cedric Menendez, with the participation of Hideki Naganuma (Jet Set Radio, Yakuza series).
- Cross-platform*: No barriers allowed! Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™ and PC players will be able to play all together. PlayStation®4 owners will be able to encounter PC users. Also, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC users will be able to invite players from their platform’s friend lists.
ABOUT MIDGAR STUDIO
Midgar Studio is an independent game development studio based on Nimes, France since 2008. We are specialized in consoles and PC hardcore games, we are also doing work for hire for a wide range of companies, our skills go from console ports to 3D art and specialized programming. We are currently working on Edge of Eternity, Hover and some very cool projects of our clients!
Playdius is the publishing branch of Plug In Digital, video game distribution leader based in France. Since 2015, we have been patiently building a strong line up on PC, Consoles and Mobile with games from all over the world such as Hover, Bury Me My Love, Splasher or upcoming Away and Edge of Eternity. Our ambition is to bring to the players the very best of incredible indie production, with creative and different games that match with our motto: “Play Outside the Box”.