Star Citizen’s Annual Intergalactic Aerospace Expo Returns Nov. 18-30 with Free-to-play Download, New Reveals, and Free Access to Test-fly Over 120 Ships
Cloud Imperium Games (CIG), developer of Star Citizen and Squadron 42, is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAA games outside the established publisher system. Founded in 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts, CIG is shifting the paradigm of game development towards a more inclusive process, offering its global community an unprecedented level of visibility and engagement by granting ongoing access to a product in active development.
The galaxy’s premier annual aerospace event, the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo (IAE), returns from Nov. 18-30 in Star Citizen! The IAE celebrates the ever-expanding number of ships available in Star Citizen, replicating the look and feel of real-world conventions in-game for an immersive experience. Players will be able to explore the digital event as they would any convention, from strolling through fully interactive expo halls and seeing the latest ships on display each day in incredible detail, to meeting up with friends to explore and partake in exciting activities, or chance encounters with strangers that launch new friendships. No matter what career, or side of the law, players choose to pursue in-game, IAE is a time for all Citizens to come together to celebrate one thing they all love – spaceships!
Being sponsored by Drake Interplanetary for the first time, IAE 2952 will showcase ships from the top manufacturers across the ‘verse, with new ships on display each day on the show floor at New Babbage, microTech. Players can look forward to several new reveals during the event, starting with the Drake Corsair making its in-game, flyable debut. In addition to new reveals, players can freely test-fly more than 120 ships during the event. This year’s IAE takes place during troubling times in the ‘verse as the XenoThreat has been detected within Stanton, making it imperative that pilots have access to the latest tech and hardware available to protect themselves.
Featuring free access to over 120 ships through Nov. 30 and new content on the horizon, there’s never been a better time to play Star Citizen!
Highlights for this year’s Star Citizen IAE 2952 event include:
- Play for Free from Nov. 18-30: Download and play Star Citizen for free during IAE 2952.
- Test-fly Over 120 Ships in Star Citizen for Free!
- Take a Tour of the Latest Ships: Two display halls will host manufacturers throughout the event, with a new company exhibiting each day and ships shown the day before moving to a second hall for any latecomers. Players can make discoveries daily, whether it be the perfect ship for their chosen career or something entirely new as they look for their place in the ‘verse. A full schedule of which companies will be featured each day can be found on the IAE 2952 website.
- New Ship Reveals: Drake Interplanetary, Anvil Aerospace, and Roberts Space Industries will be revealing new vehicles throughout IAE 2952 as they take to the show floor.
- Drake Corsair: Event sponsor Drake Interplanetary will be launching their vision for a crewed exploration vessel on the first day of the event. Available to fly immediately, the Drake Corsair supports a crew of up to four players, complete with oversized fuel tanks, living quarters, and strong armaments allowing it to boldly venture into the unknown!
- Best in Show: Starting on Nov. 27, attendees can look forward to rewards from this year’s Ship Showdown competition! The final four ships, the Carrack, Mercury, C8X Pisces Expedition, and Scorpius, will all receive limited-edition paint options, with owners of all ships also receiving limited-time manufacturer challenge coins. This year’s ultimate winner and the first ship in Star Citizen history to win two Ship Showdowns, the Carrack, will be commemorated with an in-game ship model celebrating the milestone.
The Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2952 begins on Nov. 18 and will run through Nov. 30. For more information on IAE 2952 and an event schedule, check out the official website here.
IAE 2952 is hosted in New Babbage, on microTech, with Drake Interplanetary sponsoring this year’s in-game event. New pilots can sign up and enjoy the free access to Star Citizen during this year’s event here.
For further information, including how to download and play Star Citizen, visit the official website. Enlist today and join this ever-expanding universe by visiting the game’s Welcome Hub and Guide System for tips on how to play. Keep up to date with Star Citizen development via the game’s Progress Tracker and roadmap. Millions of players from around the world have already joined to help CIG build the most ambitious game ever made. For continued updates, follow Star Citizen on Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Twitter, and YouTube.