Killing Floor 2: Tidal Terror Dives Head First into Deep Sea Destruction with Annual Free Summer Update
Tripwire Interactive Charts Course for an Underwater Update on June 14, Offering a New Map, Weapons, Cosmetics, and More
ROSWELL, Ga. – June 14, 2022 – Prepare to explore the unknown depths and discover what lurks below… Developer and publisher Tripwire Interactive is excited to announce that esteemed first-person shooter and co-op action title, Killing Floor 2 is headed out to sea on June 14 for its free Summer 2022 update, Killing Floor 2: Tidal Terror. Releasing on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, and PC (via Steam and the Epic Games Store), this content update will include a new map, weapons, cosmetic items, quality of life improvements, and more.
The new map, titled “Rig”, is set on a massive oil platform lost amid a vast ocean and can be played with the Survival, Weekly, and Endless game modes. The Tidal Terror update will run from June 14 – July 12, 2022, and will be free for existing Killing Floor 2 players. To celebrate the release of today’s update, Killing Floor 2 will be on sale across all platforms in various digital promotions starting in June and throughout the Summer! Be sure and follow Tripwire Interactive on Twitter for all the latest and greatest sales information as it becomes available!
Killing Floor 2: Tidal Terror Update Highlights:
New Featured Community Map: Rig
- Standard Survival Map set on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean
- Supports Survival, Weekly, and Endless Game Modes
- 5 New Objectives Tied to Rig Map
- Unique Seasonal Reward for completing objectives
Weekly Game Mode
- Arsenal Ascent: This new cooperative game mode starts as a knife fight but quickly escalates. There are no weapon spawns and all players start with a knife. Enter a race against the competing team to rack up quick kills for weapon upgrades while keeping an eye out for fast-spawning ammo and armor pickups to keep that kill streak going. Victory goes to the survivor of the final wave once the final and most powerful weapon is unlocked.
- Reducto Ray for Survivalist Class
- Base texture plus five weapon skin variants
- Sentinel for Commando Class
- Base texture plus five weapon skin variants
- HRG Crossboom for Demolitionist Class
- HRG Head Hunter for Sharpshooter Class
- Character Outfit: Horzine Deep Sea Exploration Suit
- Weapons Skin Pack: Horzine Deep Sea Weapons
- Weapon Skin Pack (workshop): Neon MK VIII
- Weapon Skin Pack (workshop): Classic Skin Pack
- Weapon Skin Pack (workshop): Chameleon Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
- New map difficulty and achievements
Quality of Life Improvements
- Weapon and perk stat tuning based on community feedback
- Fixing reported live bugs and issues
In Killing Floor 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though… A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
Killing Floor 2 has an MSRP of $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99 and is developed and published by Tripwire Interactive and is published at retail by Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive for the Xbox One, Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 Pro, PlayStation®4, and PC. This title has been rated M by the ESRB, PEGI 18, USK 18.
Stay up-to-date with the latest Killing Floor 2 news and information on the official website. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive by visiting the official website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
About Tripwire Interactive
Formed in 2005 as a humble independent developer founded by gamers who found success in the video game modding community, Tripwire Interactive has developed and self-published multiple critically acclaimed titles in the wildly popular Killing Floor and Rising Storm franchises, which have collectively sold over 20 million units to date. The studio’s latest project, Maneater, breaks new ground in the popular action RPG genre and finds players taking on the role of a deadly shark with the uncanny ability to evolve as it feeds.
Since then, Tripwire Interactive has expanded its business with the publishing division, Tripwire Presents, turning its experience and resources to include publishing titles spanning multiple platforms and genres from other talented independent studios. Tripwire Presents aims to help like-minded independent studios bring their titles to market, including Chivalry 2 developed by Torn Banner Studios, Espire 1: VR Operative developed by Digital Lode, and Road Redemption developed by EQ Games and Pixel Dash Studios.