Killing Floor 2 Deep Blue Z Update Takes Players Under the Sea with New ‘Subduction’ Map, ‘Contamination’ Game Mode, Weapons, and More
Dive into Zed-infested waters, as developer and publisher Tripwire Interactive announces the launch of the Killing Floor 2 Deep Blue Z update, out now for PC (via Steam and Epic Games Store), the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®4 Pro computer entertainment systems, and Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X. Today’s Killing Floor 2 update unleashes a wave of new content including a new map, weekly game mode, weapons, and more.
Watch the Killing Floor 2 Deep Blue Z trailer for closer look at the latest
featured community map ‘Subduction’
Killing Floor 2 Deep Blue Z Update Key Highlights Include:
- New Featured Community Map, Subduction: Deep within the Mariana Trench lies a Horzine ocean lab thought to be closed off from the greater Zed outbreak. Following a loss in communications, players are charged with entering the facility and salvaging what can be recovered by Horzine excavation efforts.
- New Weekly Game Mode, Contamination Zone: For every new wave of Zeds, a safe area is marked on the map. Fight back the hordes of Zeds without leaving the safe area to survive or wind up sleeping with the fishes. Players can look forward to Contamination Zone themed skins for the welder and syringe.
- New Weapon, S12 Shockgun: This semi-auto shotgun is primed for close quarter combat and comes with an under barrel EMP blast launcher, perfect for stunning large groups of Zeds. The S12 Shockgun can be purchased individually or acquired with the Armory Season Pass 2 or Ultimate Edition Bundle and Upgrade.
- New Weapon, HRG Bombardier: Designed to provide support from above, this deployable turret drone comes armed with a grenade launcher and can be detonated with an explosive cluster bomb.
- New Cosmetic Season Pass: Access hundreds of skins, accessories, and outfits with the new Cosmetic Season Pass. In addition, players can look forward to upgrading their Killing Floor 2 wardrobe with the latest Summer cosmetics, including the Stingray Weapon Skin Bundle Pack, Jaeger MKIV Weapon Skin Bundle Pack, Junkyard MKII Weapon Skin Bundle Pack, Predator Weapon Skin Bundle Pack, and Horzine Diver Outfit Bundle.
To celebrate the release of the Killing Floor 2 Deep Blue Z update, Tripwire Interactive will be participating in several sales and promotions. Be sure to follow Tripwire Interactive’s social channels for information on special sales discounts coming soon!
In Killing Floor 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though… A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
Killing Floor 2 has an MSRP of $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99 and has been rated M by the ESRB, PEGI 18, USK 18. Stay up-to-date with the latest Killing Floor 2 news and information on the official website. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive by visiting the official website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.