Espire 1: VR Operative Assimilation Free Content Update Launches with New Weapons, Modes, and Challenges for All Major VR Platforms with PlayStation®VR to Follow
Publisher Tripwire Interactive and Developer Digital Lode Launch Free New Update for Top Selling VR Stealth Title
ROSWELL, Ga. – May 5, 2020 – Publisher Tripwire Interactive and developer Digital Lode announced today that Espire 1: VR Operative continues to be one of the best-selling games on the Oculus Quest and has remained on the Top Sellers list for over five months since it first released in November, 2019.
To celebrate the success of Espire 1: VR Operative, the definitive virtual reality stealth experience, Digital Lode is launching the Espire 1: VR Operative Assimilation content update for free today on all major virtual reality platforms, including Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift, Oculus Rift-S, HTC Vive, Valve Index, and Windows Mixed Reality. The Assimilation update will be available for PlayStation®VR later this month.
Espire 1: VR Operative aims to set the new gold standard for the stealth genre in virtual reality, delivering gameplay mechanics for the stealth and action genres that have yet to be explored in the space. Players are charged with the role of an “Espire Agent” and use cutting-edge Virtual Reality hardware to remote-operate the Espire model 1 drone.
With today’s release of the Espire 1: VR Operative Assimilation content update, players can look forward to an expanded armory of weaponry as well as a series of Virtual Challenges.
Highlights of today’s free Espire 1: VR Operative Assimilation content update include:
New Operative Weapons
- Vector SMG: This semi-auto weapon is an excellent choice for mid-range combat, providing for accurate and quick bursts of controlled fire with one bullet firing upon the first trigger press and the last bullet firing upon release. With an extended clip of 45 rounds and very low recoil, it is the weapon of choice for the new “SMG” weapon challenge mode.
- Sawed-off Shotgun: Get up close and personal with this new shotgun, boasting a wider spread for close quarters combat. Its compact design allows for the shotgun to be holstered as either a sidearm or primary weapon — and reloads via magazine clip instead of individual shells.
New Virtual Challenge Game Modes
Experienced Espire agents can also look forward to three new Virtual Challenge game modes, featuring new stealth gameplay not featured in the campaign. These new Virtual Challenges focuses on weapon mastery, climbing and intel gathering stealth skills essential to completing missions quickly and efficiently. Test your skills against players around the world with an improved leaderboard.
- Weapon Challenges: Run, weave, duck, climb, jump and zipline your way through seven courses designed to test your mastery with each weapon class. Rack up the highest combo while eliminating static, moving and explosive targets, as well as enemy combatants in order to reach the top of the leaderboard.
- Climbing Challenges: Overcome climbing puzzles where speed and timing is paramount to completing the course with the highest score. Make sure to avoid getting squashed by the fast-moving crushers!
- Intel Challenges: Explore four completely new environments. Locate and hack intelligence from all workstations in the area and reach the extraction point. This game mode builds on the core Espire gameplay from the campaign.
In addition, Espire agents can expect a variety of technical and quality of life gameplay improvements based directly on player feedback and requests with today’s free release of the Espire 1: VR Operative Assimilation content update. For full details on the update, please head here.
To celebrate the launch of the new Espire 1: VR Operative Assimilation content update, Tripwire Interactive has launched a special sales promotion! For details on the offer please follow the developers at Digital Lode on official Espire 1: VR Operative social media channels on Twitter and Facebook for full details.
As a virtual reality title that combines first-person stealth and shooting mechanics, Espire 1: VR Operative is a game that’s best shown in motion. Watch an Espire Agent steal a guard’s gun to hold him up, throw a spare ammunition clip to cause a distraction, and activate bullet time to headshot multiple guards while dropping down from above. Espire Agents can also take advantage of the powerful Espire model 1 drones to grab a hold of walls to fling their self across large areas, zoom past enemies on ziplines, and built-in gear to activate infrared and remote cameras to avoid detection.
Stay up to date with the latest Tripwire Interactive news, community updates, and exclusive promotions by signing up for our email list! Don’t worry, we don’t bite. Head here to sign up for the Tripwire Interactive newsletter today.
© Espire VR Pty Ltd Designed in Melbourne, Australia
About Tripwire Interactive
Formed in 2005 as a humble independent developer founded by gamers who found success in the video game modding community, Tripwire Interactive has developed and self-published multiple critically acclaimed titles in the wildly popular Killing Floor and Rising Storm franchises, which have collectively sold over 20 million units to date. The studio’s latest project, Maneater, breaks new ground in the popular action RPG genre and finds players taking on the role of a deadly shark with the uncanny ability to evolve as it feeds.
Since then, Tripwire Interactive has expanded its business and now turns its experience and resources to include publishing titles spanning multiple platforms and genres from other talented independent studios. Led by John Gibson, the publishing division aims to help like-minded independent studios bring their titles to market, including Chivalry 2 developed by Torn Banner Studios, Espire 1: VR Operative developed by Digital Lode, and Road Redemption developed by EQ Games and Pixel Dash Studios.