Dead in Vinland Brings the Ultimate Challenge to Survive Against All Odds to Steam on April 12!
Lead an Exiled Viking Family on a Journey of Survival and Build Your Community in this Story-driven Management Game
Paris — Feb. 28, 2018 — Global independent games publisher Playdius today announced that Dead in Vinland will launch on PC and Mac via Steam on April 12, 2018. Developed by French studio CCCP and set in the same universe as CCCP’s first breakout hit Dead in Bermuda, Dead in Vinland pulls from many genres with survival management systems, RPG and adventure elements, with a focus on player choice.
Exiled on a faraway, unknown land, lead Eirik and his family on their quest to survive. Manage their physical and mental health, explore the island, organize your camp and deal with other human beings – friends or foes. Discover some of the esoteric mysteries in Vinland – mysteries that could save your life…or lead you to your own demise.
Key features of the game include:
- Deep survival management simulation: Manage the physical and mental health of your team, ration food, and choose daily activities
- Challenging and turn-based: Randomized elements make it so there is no perfect strategy. Take your time and adapt to the situation to make the best decisions!
- Build your community of up to 14 playable characters. Meaningful choices will alter the relationships in your team and the story. Expect romances, hatred and betrayals!
- Evolve your camp: Craft more than 150 upgrades to help you settle on this cursed island
- Fight the elements: Face terrible storms and droughts. Manage your potable water stocks wisely!
- An island to explore: Featuring over 150 map areas, discover the secrets of the island in a non-linear story. And maybe… other survivors?
- Full RPG system: Usable objects, skills to upgrade, characters to level-up, character traits
- Tactical turn-based combat system
In celebration of today’s exciting launch date announcement for Dead in Vinland, Playdius is also happy to announce that the first title in the “Dead-in” series, Dead in Bermuda, will enjoy a limited-time discount of 75% off the SRP of $14.99 USD on Steam until March 7, 2018.
Fans of the “Dead-in” series and survival management genre can follow the newly released announcements leading up to PC and Mac launch of Dead in Vinland including Twitch livestream events, developer blog updates, and interviews on the official Dead in Vinland website. Updates for the game can also be found on official Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels.
CCCP is a small French development studio. For a dozen years, we’ve kept on surviving by making educational games, but now we want to focus on making games that we’d like to play ourselves, especially MANAGEMENT and RPG games, with NARRATIVE elements. We want to make CHALLENGING and MEANINGFUL SOLO, PREMIUM games, where the player has to THINK and DISCOVER by himself. http://cccp.fr/games/
Playdius is the publishing branch of Plug In Digital, video game distribution leader based in France. Since 2015, we are patiently building a strong line up on PC, Consoles and Mobile with games from all over the world such as Hover, Bury Me My Love, Splasher or upcoming Away and Edge of Eternity.
Our ambition is to bring to the players the very best of incredible indie production, with creative and different games that match with our motto: “Play Outside the Box”.