Castle Burn Celebrates #1 Card Game Ranking and One Million Player Milestones with Free Giveaways
Featured in Nearly 150 App Store and Google Player Stores, Fun, Fast & Deep RTS Game from Bluehole PNIX Scores with #1 Ranking in 39 Countries and 4.6+ Average User Review Scores
SEOUL – August 21, 2018 – Over 500,000 castles are burning each day as a new title sets charts ablaze… Bluehole PNIX today announced that Castle Burn, its new head-to-head real-time strategy battle game, is roaring up the charts with strong user reviews and a #1 Card Game App Store ranking in 39 countries. Selected for featuring on the App Store in 75 countries and on Google Play in 71 countries, the game has over one million downloads with over 500,000 matches being played each day. User ratings are strong across the board, with a 4.7 rating on the US App Store and a 4.6 Google Play rating worldwide.
To celebrate, Bluehole PNIX is giving away free in-game currency and card packs to all players who log in during the One Million Castles event that starts today and runs through Sunday, August 26. In addition, the company announced plans to introduce player Guilds and Guild Wars into the game in the upcoming months, adding a new team mechanic above the game’s vaunted ranked PvP matches.
“We are very gratified that Castle Burn is resonating with players so strongly, with one million downloads and extremely positive user ratings worldwide, and we want to reward the players who are driving our success,” said Junghoon Kim, CEO of Bluehole PNIX. “We are committed to adding more great content for our community, including bringing Guilds and Guild Wars to the game in the future.”
Castle Burn is set in a land of fantasy with magic, towers, Vikings, and dragons where players strategically deploy buildings and card-based units to lead their forces to victory and burn their rivals’ castles to the ground. The game pairs opponents based on player ranking points for strategic, head-on battles. Matches happen in real-time as players act to counter their opponent’s moves concurrently, attacking the enemy castle while protecting their own. While launching units, towers, and spells from their card deck, players will build camps and mana sanctums to fuel their efforts and destroy the enemy castle to win the match. Players can build their deck on the fly during each match, choosing different cards from available cards and unlocked tiers (additional tiers open during the match as more cards are played) to dictate the battle conditions or reactively adapt to what their opponent is throwing at them.
- Over 50 Heroes: Collect, Deploy, and Upgrade a pantheon of powerful characters with personality—and build your card deck on the fly with each match
- Buildings, Units & Resources: The three key pillars of RTS play are presented in a streamlined manner that provides more options with less clicking
- Simple Choices, Complex Outcomes: Where and when you build, what unit combos you assemble, and how you use your Hero and his or her special attack are all key factors
- Ranked Play: Win ranked matches to advance to higher leagues, obtaining Crown Points, new cards, and maps as you go!
- Multiple Modes: Play the main PvP mode in both Ranked and casual play (where you won’t lose any Crown Points) as well as single player training and challenge modes
- View Your Strategy: Watch your most recent matches to study opponent strategies and come up with ideas for your next battle, review results in the Battle Records menu, and pinch to zoom during matches to see the action up close!
Castle Burn, which launched worldwide in early August for iOS and Android as a free download with in-app purchases, is developed by Delusion Studio and published by Bluehole PNIX. Keep in touch with the latest Bluehole PNIX and Castle Burn news by visiting castleburn.net and by following @pnixgames and facebook.com/thecastleburn.
About Bluehole PNIX
Based in Korea and established in 2012 as PNIX Games before joining Bluehole in 2015, Bluehole PNIX has made a mark in the global game market with hit games such as Mini Golf King, Bowling King, Archery King, Rio 2016 Summer Olympics, and Gun Zombie that have attracted millions of players around the world. Its latest game, the head-to-head real-time strategy battle game, Castle Burn, launched on iOS and Android in August of 2018 and has attracted over one million players. For more information, visit https://www.bluehole.net/en/bluehole/alliance.
# # #