Build, Raid and [Try to] Survive, as the Meet Your Maker Open Beta Starts on Feb. 6
On behalf of Behaviour Interactive, the studio behind the hit horror multiplayer game Dead by Daylight, we’re thrilled to share with you all of the details surrounding the upcoming Meet Your Maker open beta that will be part of Steam NextFest. See below for full details.
Open Beta Details
As part of Steam NextFest, the Meet Your Maker beta will begin on Feb. 6 at 6am PST/9am EST and last for 7 days, ending on Feb. 13 at 11:59pm EST. As this playtest is an open beta, any player with a Steam account can jump right in. No pre-registration required. No NDA. No fuss. Just pure fun! Well… as much fun as one can have in a post-apocalyptic future where humanity is on the brink of extinction, that is.
Meet Your Maker’s brutal wasteland welcomed thousands of players during our Fall Closed Playtest, generating tons of amazing community insights for our team. As such, we’re pleased to introduce new features and improvements to this open beta experience. Here are a few of those:
- New social and progression systems: Systems around sharing Outpost and connecting players.
- Champion Outpost: A curated system which puts forward Outposts that have performed well;
- Social Raid: The social raid menu will allow players to search for and raid outposts set to the Social active state;
- Ranking: Players earn Ranking Points by Raiding Outposts and Activating Outposts in the World Map.
- New Building features: Focus on quality of life to build Outposts more efficiently.
- Drag and Drop: When building, players can quickly place several blocks of the same type all at once;
- Trap Range Preview: When building, players can trigger a preview showcasing trap range / area of effect;
- Delete everything: When building, players can delete blocks and other elements all at once.
- Improvements on the following features:
- Replay system;
- Burial sites Store;
- Onboarding / Tutorial;
- User Interface;
- And more!
Watch the NEW Meet Your Maker Open Beta Trailer here!
Register to Be Part of the Meet Your Maker Community
Players interested in getting exclusive content ahead of the open beta along with a first-look at Meet Your Maker updates en route to our April 4th, 2023 launch can register right here.
***Exclusive Open Beta Early Access***
We’re also reaching out today to offer you and your team the opportunity to get early access to the open beta before it becomes available publicly. You’d be among the first to get your hands on it and have the chance to write a preview of your experience.
If you’re interested in receiving early access, please confirm with us that you agree to an embargo on posting any previews or first-impression articles about the open beta until Feb. 6, 6am PST/9am EST. Given the game offers a co-op experience in both building and raiding, if you also require an extra key for a fellow colleague, we’re more than happy to provide you with one. We will add you to our list and share the download keys as soon as they become available next week.
Meet Your Maker – Overview
Meet Your Maker is a post-apocalyptic first-person building-and-raiding game where every level is designed by players for players. Gameplay revolves around the creation and infiltration of stand-alone levels called Outposts. Players will switch between roles as they mastermind devious maze-like Outposts filled with traps and guards, then gear up for methodical fast-paced combat raiding other players’ creations.
The World of Meet Your Maker and Gameplay Features
In this dying world, players take on the role of the Custodian, servant to the Chimera: a living experiment created as a last resort to save life on Earth. They’ll enter a tactical battle for the planet’s most coveted resource and the key to the Chimera’s evolution: pure Genetic Material (GenMat). But acquiring it won’t be easy. Players will need to build and fortify maze-like Outposts that extract and guard the precious GenMat, or infiltrate and outsmart other players’ creations to gather more. With every Outpost in the game built by players, user-generated content is the driving force of the experience.
- Create to Destroy: Builders must create Outposts designed to lure, outwit, and kill trespassing players. To do so, they’ll combine a huge array of customizable blocks, traps, and guards as they strategically construct their deadly masterpiece.
- Outwit to Survive: Players will also need to raid the Outposts created by others. Each Outpost will test their grit, wit, and reflexes as they try to get in, grab the GenMat, and make it out alive. No two Outposts will ever be the same, making for a highly replayable experience.
- Cooperate and Connect: Those looking to play together can combine their creativity and build with a friend or join forces to raid Outposts as a team of two.
- Unlock and upgrade: Players can invest collected GenMat to grow their arsenal of traps, guards, weapons, suits and more.
More details about the game and the latest news can be found at meetyourmakergame.com.