Bikinis, Blood, and Zombies Galore! Onee Chanbara Origin is Out Now for PlayStation®4 and PC!
D3PUBLISHER Inc. Brings Complete English Reimagining of the Japanese Classic Hack ‘n Slash “Onee Chanbara” Series for North America and Europe
Oakland, CA – October 14, 2020 – D3PUBLISHER Inc., a leading Japanese games publisher, is excited to announce today that the reimagined English HD re-release of Japanese high-speed action hack ‘n slash zombie slayer game, Onee Chanbara Origin is available globally for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC via Steam®. Onee Chanbara Origin is available to purchase digitally on the PlayStation®Store and Steam for PC with standard editions priced at $59.99/ €49.99 and digital deluxe editions available for $74.99/€59.99. The digital deluxe edition comes with all of the DLC, including costume outfits for all playable characters and extra DLC mission sets. The season pass will also be available for players who purchase the standard edition on the PS4™ system version for $19.99/ €16.99, which includes all of the DLC for Onee Chanbara Origin.
Aya and Saki fighting the zombie death bear
To watch or embed the Onee Chanbara Origin launch trailer on YouTube, please head here: https://youtu.be/PWI8oaCNOms
Onee Chanbara Origin English Launch Trailer
Developed by Tamsoft and published by D3PUBLISHER, Onee Chanbara Origin is a complete HD remake with all new art style graphics and optimized storytelling, combining both “The Onechanbara” and “The Onechanbara 2” games, which were originally released for PlayStation®2 in 2004 and 2005. Now for a new generation, Onee Chanbara Origin features all renewed main character designs, restyled by the new main character designer Katsumi Enami, a seasoned designer bringing his talents to the “Onechanbara” series for the first time. Onee Chanbara Origin tells a new interpretation of the story of the two half-sisters, Aya and Saki, bound by mutual hatred and locked in a brutal fight to the death, eventually overcoming their cruel fate and fighting alongside one another to find their father in this high-speed zombie slaying hack ‘n slash series.
Onee Chanbara Origin key features include:
- Battle between Sisters: Play as both Aya and Saki, each with her own unique weapons and abilities, and players can tag-team between them on the fly or even perform team combos to maximize zombie annihilation.
- Fight the Undead: Slash and brawl your way through bloody hordes of mutated madmen zombies, policeman zombies with handguns, soldiers resurrected as zombies, and zombie bosses.
- Tons of Customization and Replayability: Watch as the sisters fight their way in newly found sexy battle attires against the hordes of the undead.
- Combo in Style: Strike enemies with precise button presses that will link attacks into a “Cool Combination,” emitting a blueish glow that increases movement speed and power, along with other buffs such as gaming access to an extra attack sequence during a combo.
- Go Berserk Mode: Both Aya and Saki can enter Berserk Mode by getting blood splatters on them from the zombies they kill to “corrupt” their bodies, gaining an immense boost in attack power, allowing them to hack-and-slash their way through hordes of enemies with ease.
- Become a Beast in Trance Mode: Maintaining Berserk Mode gives players the chance to then transform into a demon in Trance mode—a short burst of immense power and speed beyond Berserk Mode, but at the cost of life energy.
About Onee Chanbara Origin
Onee Chanbara Origin follows the zombie-hunters Aya and Saki’s fate as they attempt to destroy one another, leading directly into the second entries in the series, “The Onechanbara 2.” After the sisters overcome their rivalry, they ally themselves to embark on a journey to find their father, Oboro, after he leaves behind a message that names “Eva” as the mastermind behind his wife’s death—as well as all of the chaos that ensued between the two sisters, including the vice that made Saki insane and hell-bent on avenging her mother. Little do they know they are coming even closer to the truth and their true enemy.
Play as a zombie hunter and battle through the stages with high-speed real-time swordplay, completing objectives and tasks while hacking and brawling through hordes of the undead. Each character’s weapons become progressively covered in blood as players fight off zombies in gruesome detail. Occasionally, players may even transform into demons for short bursts of added power and energy with the downside of losing life energy. Each zombie hunter has her own unique abilities and skillful play is rewarded for cooler combinations. Players can enjoy the game with full English voice-acting or play through with the original Japanese performances with English subtitles.
Onee Chanbara Origin has been rated “M for Mature” by the ESRB. To stay up to date on the latest regarding Onee Chanbara Origin, please visit the official website. D3PUBLISHER’s website can be found at https://www.d3p.co.jp/ane_origin/en/.
About D3PUBLISHER, Inc.
D3PUBLISHER, a member of BANDAI NAMCO group, is a Japanese video game publisher. Established in 1992, the company has published console and mobile/online games from some of the industries most beloved franchises and series, including EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5, Onechanbara, the Simple series, and more. For more information, visit https://www.d3p.co.jp.
©2020 TAMSOFT ©2020 D3PUBLISHER
©2020 Valve Corporation. Steam and the Steam logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
”PS” Family logo,”Play Station” and ”PS4” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
This trailer/video may only be displayed if it is behind an age-gate that: (1) is age-neutral (i.e., requires the user to input their date of birth or select it from a drop-down bar; (2) employs reasonable technical measures to keep underage users from re-entering their age after initially being denied access; and (3) does not display any ESRB rating information on the video player or the age-gate itself. Failure to implement these requirements may jeopardize your ability to obtain material of this nature from us in the future.