Be in Control of Modern, Iconic Locos in Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour – Arriving Today
Dovetail Games Releases Rush Hour DLC on PC, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S; Major Updates for Train Sim World 2 as it Joins Xbox Game Pass
KENT, U.K. – Aug. 19, 2021 – Dovetail Games is thrilled to announce the launch of Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour and its first rail line, the Boston Sprinter route , on PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, and for the first time releasing on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S. Existing owners of Train Sim World 2 on Xbox One or the PS4™ system can upgrade their version to a native Xbox Series X|S or PS5™ version for free, enjoying an enhanced version of the game optimized for the latest console generation.
The new route is available as part of the Rush Hour: Season Ticket, granting immediate access to the Boston – Providence Route, and the Dresden and London Victoria routes as they release, for $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99, or purchase the Boston – Providence Route individually for $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99. New operators can pick up the Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour Deluxe Edition bundle which includes Train Sim World 2 and the Rush Hour expansion, priced at $49.99 / £44.99 / €49.99, or they can take a test-drive as Train Sim World 2 joins the Xbox Game Pass subscription on PC and Xbox consoles.
Alongside Rush Hour, a major update for the existing Train Sim World 2 simulation has been released for free on all platforms. This updates the game to Unreal Engine 4.26, adds new visuals like distance field shadows, upgraded immersion controller scheme allowing new camera views, and panels for information like gradient profiles to aid operators when driving. This update also includes some major improvements for existing routes, making it the perfect time for players to start their journey as a driver.
Dovetail Games is proud to have the official license from Amtrak and the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) for the two new locomotives added in the Boston Sprinter route, with the team working closely to accurately recreate the look, feel, and sound of these engines as they traverse the 43 mile (70 km) route between Boston and Providence.
“We’ve worked closely with our fantastic partners Amtrak and the MBTA to ensure we’re giving players the most authentic experience of being in the operator’s seat for the Boston – Providence line in Rush Hour,” said Dovetail Games CEO Jon Rissik, “Immersion is at the core of Train Sim World 2, and Rush Hour represents our commitment to continually expand and improve the player experience.”
“Dovetail Games’ commitment to authenticity and enthusiasm for railroads made this a fantastic partnership,” said Amtrak Marketing VP Kerry McKelvey, “Amtrak is excited to bring a new segment of the popular Northeast Corridor to Train Sim World 2.”
“Working with Dovetail Games to give gamers a look from the Engineer’s seat of one of our MBTA F40-3C locomotives has been a unique experience,” added MBTA Chief Railroad Officer Ryan D. Coholan, “We hope that this experience as an Engineer will give people a deeper appreciation of the joys and challenges of operating a powerful diesel locomotive on a busy railroad.”
Rush Hour itself starts with the release of Boston Sprinter, the ‘Northeast Corridor: Boston – Providence’ route, one of the oldest, busiest, and fastest passenger lines in the United States that began service in the 1830’s, with players taking control of the modern Amtrak ACS-64 or striking MBTA F40PH-3C as they pass through busy commuter stations.
Stations are livelier than ever to support the new commuter line, with an improved passenger system seeing platforms and cars buzzing with activity as commuters board and depart at each station. This feature is unique to Rush Hour and original Train Sim World 2 routes, adding increased passengers volume, more variety of clothing, new Winter outfits and passenger scenes.
More information about the new routes and features included in Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour can be found below:
- Boston Sprinter: Available now, take the busiest and fastest passenger rail line in the United States and explore the famed Northeast Corridor between the two state capitals of Boston and Providence aboard iconic Amtrak and MBTA equipment.
- Nahverkehr Dresden: Conquer two paths through the Saxony countryside, whether Regional, Express, S-Bahn, or Inter-City Express. Climb aboard modern DB and MRCE traction and transport both passengers and freight alike on this complex route out of Dresden’s Central station.
- London Commuter: One of Britain’s most hectic main lines from the historic London Victoria, through the international hub of Gatwick Airport and into the country’s oldest railway seaside resort, Brighton. Operate both Southern and Gatwick Express locomotives through this challenging route mixing stopping, semi-fast, and express service.
- New Passenger System: Adding a greater variety of passengers, new clothing and increased volumes during peak times creates the feel of operating under real-world rush hour conditions on each station approach.
- Busy Network: A wide range of services on the route ensure that players see lots of traffic moving around traveling between each station. Take control of a service and face the challenge of keeping to time on this busy commuter route.
- Updated Immersion: Enjoy a newly updated immersion controller scheme that gives players quicker access to controls and camera views. Including the new ‘head out’ camera. Can you complete a service driving with the HUD switched off?
- Free Update for Train Sim World 2: Free for all Train Sim World 2 players the update to the main game includes an upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.26 bringing a new interface and a variety of enhancements to performance and visual fidelity.
- Free Upgrade for PS4™ system and Xbox One: Players who own Train Sim World 2 on either console can upgrade to a native PS5™ or Xbox One X|S version, no additional purchase necessary.
- Train Sim World 2 advanced simulation: Along with all of the new features, players can also enjoy all of the existing features of Train Sim World 2 on these new routes including creative tools like the Livery Designer and Scenario Planner, detailed tutorials and learning aids, as well as powerful realistic simulation thanks to the SimuGraph physics engine.
- Dovetail Live: Players can track and share progress of their Rush Hour experience with online stats, check the Driver Logbook to review performance, and Railfan Shots to capture and share the perfect moment.
For more information on Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour, visit www.trainsimworld.com and follow the game on Twitter @trainsimworld, Instagram @trainsim, TikTok @trainsimworldofficial, and Facebook @trainsimworld. Keep up with all the latest simulation news from Dovetail Games at https://live.dovetailgames.com/.
About Dovetail Games
Dovetail Games was launched in 2013. Previously trading as RailSimulator.com Ltd, the business launched in 2009 initially producing and marketing PC game Train Simulator. Today Dovetail Games is responsible for train and fishing simulation games and is developing for PC and leading consoles. http://www.dovetailgames.com.
Developed by Dovetail Games, SimuGraph Vehicle Dynamics Engine is a powerful visual modeling and simulation framework for the construction and real-time simulation of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems in the context of vehicle dynamics.
About Unreal Engine
Developed by Epic Games, the award-winning Unreal Engine is known for world-class graphics, tools and scalability across PC, console and mobile platforms. Unreal Engine technology is designed to accelerate developers’ productivity for creating high quality games, applications, training simulations, visualizations, digital films and animated entertainment. To access UE4, visit www.unrealengine.com and follow @UnrealEngine.