Zombie MMO Dead Maze Launches February 13 on Steam
The Undead Apocalypse Set to Be Officially Unleashed in Free-to-play Isometric MMO Where Player Cooperation and Crafting is Key
Lille, France — Feb. 1, 2018 — The upcoming zombie MMO Dead Maze is set to launch globally on PC (Steam) on February 13. French developer Atelier 801 (Transformice) has been hard at work at making the zombie apocalypse a blood-curdling reality with the official release of the free-to-play Dead Maze being feature complete and ready to accept a new wave of eager human survivors.
You can find the latest trailer here, which shows the game and its upcoming features:
Since the roll-out of the closed beta phase for Dead Maze, Atelier has added a lot of bug fixes and a host of new features, including a new game mode called The Raid where players have to survive infinite waves of enemies, as well as localizing the game in six more languages on top of English and French (Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, German, Polish, Spanish and Turkish).
Set in the Western United States, where humanity has been devastated by a plague of the undead, player cooperation takes center stage in Dead Maze, with thousands of players having to explore, scavenge, and work together to survive and rebuild society. Dead Maze features a unique visual style, with a colorful 2D isometric perspective and hand-crafted maps, showing destruction in all its glorious detail.
Some of Dead Maze’s unique features are:
- Cooperation is key: in this game with no player versus player combat, you have to work together to explore high-risk, high-reward instances in a ravaged modern world. Scavenge for resources, craft life-saving supplies and fight off the ever-present hordes of infected.
- Face not only the undead, but also hunger, thirst, injuries and diseases. Ration your food and drinks, and monitor your health carefully through the in-depth survival mechanics.
- Establish your camp and build and furnish your own home with the help of others. Plant seeds and tend to your vegetable gardens or breed cattle to gain access to extra food sources such as milk.
- Watch out: the infected work together using an advanced AI design and will gather together before attacking. They come in many different shapes and sizes, from violently exploding infected capable of attracting even more undead, to bosses able to project more infected towards you.
- From kitchen knives to old undergarments, use any of the 500+ items to defend yourself and defeat the hordes of infected.
- Choose and change which archetype to play at any time thanks to versatile skills, gear and scavenged items, from being a healer supporting others, to DPS or powerful tank.
- A compelling story and strong cast of supporting characters will guide you at launch across a dozen different locations and 22 major quests. The mission to survive doesn’t end there, as the story will continue to be expanded after the official launch of Dead Maze with new missions and chapters.
- Much more content to be added after launch, including the upcoming map editor which allows you to create your own adventures, play through them with your friends, and share them with the whole community.
About Dead Maze
Dead Maze is a free-to-play 2D isometric MMO game emphasizing player cooperation during the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse in the Western United States. In order to survive, players need to work together to explore what is left of the world after the cataclysmic events of the zombie outbreak, monitor their health and food, scavenge for resources, and craft as many life-saving supplies as possible. Guided by a strong narrative and a distinctive visual style, players can use everyday items to battle danger that comes in many forms, from a range of unique, powerful enemy types to massive hordes working together to attack at will. Dead Maze is being developed by Atelier 801 and is set to release on Steam (PC) in February 2018.
About Atelier 801
Atelier 801 is an independent game development company founded in October 2011 by Mélanie Christin and Jean-Baptiste Le Marchand. Their goal: bring players together, from all over the world, around fun multiplayer games. Based in Marcq en Baroeul, France, Atelier 801 is well-known for their breakout hit Transformice, a hugely successful MMO platformer with over 80 million players globally. They are currently developing their next MMO game, Dead Maze.