Vicious Giant Insects and Aliens Return as “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN” Launches on Steam Today
D3PUBLISHER Sends Distress Signal to PC Players to Save Our Mother Earth from Any Alien Attack
Oakland, CA – October 15, 2019 – D3PUBLISHER Inc., a leading Japanese games publisher, has put out a call to action for all PC players worldwide to enlist in the EDF today with the global PC Steam launch of “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN”, the latest chapter in the beloved “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE” series. Developed by YUKE’S and out now for Windows PC via Steam, “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN” enters new territory, introducing character customization, a new cast of characters focusing on one of the strongest military units in EDF, equipped with even more advanced gear, tech and weaponry – and a brand-new threat facing the EDF and citizens of Earth.
To celebrate the global PC launch, D3PUBLISHER is excited to announce that “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN” is available for a generous discount of 20% off the usual $59.99 / €49.99 for the first week following its PC release starting today for new recruits ready to enlist. In addition, the variety of DLC that released on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system will be available for purchase on PC via Steam with a 10% launch discount for the first week of launch including weapons, costume items, and DLC mission packs for players to purchase. There will also be a DLC Bundle pack, which will be available for 20% discount from the regular DLC and will have an additional 10% launch discount for only the first week of launch.
Since it first launched in 2003 for the PlayStation 2 console, the “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE” series has earned a strong reputation for its relentless third-person wave shooter gameplay and co-op fun, featuring swarms of enemies, a wide array of unique classes and weapons — and charming B-movie dialogue and settings with cities under siege by giant insects, kaiju monsters, and alien invaders.
Twelve years have passed since mankind’s first encounter with the alien “Aggressor” invasion that devastated planet Earth. In this time of great despair, the battle to free mankind from the Aggressor’s extended assault continues in “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN”.
“EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN” Key Features:
- First EDF in Unreal Engine 4: “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN” is the best-looking EDF to date. Players will see and feel the difference with an overwhelming number of on-screen alien invaders as well as gigantic kaiju monsters raining down from the sky
- Over 50 Intense, Story Driven Missions: Five levels of difficulty to select from where players can unlock new weapons and items by clearing missions and levels as well as spending Energy Gems currently earned from mission playthroughs
- Master Four Soldier Classes: Recent advancements in PA Gear research has resulted in a variety of updated soldier classes, each with their own critical Over Drive ability to change the tide of battle, including the Trooper whose E-Dodge ability and versatility makes it a strong choice for a variety of situations, the Jet Lifter, whose E-Flight ability and mobility helps maintain control over the skies, the Heavy Striker whose E-Field barrier shields players from damage on the frontlines, and the Prowl Rider whose E-Needle ability let’s players zip across the battlefield
- Co-Op and PvPvE Multiplayer: Staying true to the series’ roots in arcade action, both online and local multiplayer split-screen modes are available. Online supports up to six player co-op – and the new Mercenary mode, which finds two teams competing for Energy Gems gained by defeating enemy waves, which hosts up to 8 players
- Character Customization: For the first time in the EDF series, players will step into the boots of Closer, a decorated war hero who awakens from a seven-year coma. Players can fully customize his or her appearances with vast options including facial expressions, hair styles, body figures, voice types, clothing style, before diving into the game’s character driven campaign
To watch or embed the PC global launch day trailer for “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN”, please visit the official YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/3ip6YaVjMoA
To stay up to date on the latest regarding “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN”, please visit the official website, official YouTube channel, and follow the EDF team on Twitter @EDF_OFFICIAL_EN.
About D3PUBLISHER, Inc.
D3PUBLISHER, a member of BANDAI NAMCO group, is a Japanese video game publisher. Established in 1992, the company has published console and mobile/online games from some of the industry’s most beloved franchises and series, including “EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5”, “Onechanbara”, the “Simple” series, and more. For more information, visit https://www.d3p.co.jp.
About YUKE’S. Co., Ltd.
YUKE’S. Co., Ltd. Is a Japanese video game developer. Established in 1993, the company has developed console and online games from some of the industry’s most beloved franchises and series, including “Power Move Pro Wrestling” series, “WWE” series, “Rumble Roses”, and more. For more information, visit https://www.yukes.co.jp/en/.
©2019 YUKE’S ©2019 D3 PUBLISHER