Star Citizen is Free-to-Play with Over 120 Ships to Test Fly from Nov. 19 to Dec. 1 at the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2951
Cloud Imperium Games (CIG), developer of Star Citizen, is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAA games outside the established publisher system. CIG was founded in 2012 by renowned visionary game developer Chris Roberts and continues to shift the paradigm of the game development process, offering its community an unprecedented level of visibility and interaction with product development.
The galaxy’s premier annual aerospace event, the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo (IAE), starts on Nov. 19 in Star Citizen! This year, the top ship manufacturers from across the ‘verse gather to showcase their latest flyable and concept ships to attendees. Expect six notable ship reveals at this year’s show, including the Aegis Redeemer, Ares Ion, Ares Inferno, and several special surprises – and prepare for 13 days of celebration during IAE 2951 with free test flights for over 120 flyable ships. The best part: Star Citizen will be free-to-play from Nov. 19 through Dec. 1. Whether you’re a stranger to the ‘verse or a seasoned pilot, there’s never been a better time to jump in the cockpit and experience what Star Citizen has to offer.
Highlights for this year’s Star Citizen IAE 2951 event include:
- Play for Free from Nov. 19 through Dec. 1: Download and play Star Citizen for free during IAE 2951. New pilots may sign up and start flying here.
- Test fly over 120 ships in Star Citizen for free!
- Anvil Spartan and Special Announcements: Manufacturer Anvil Aerospace will open this year’s IAE 2951, with the unveiling of its new Spartan vehicle. IAE attendees can also look forward to a brand-new ship from manufacturer Argo Astronautics on Nov. 25, and a big surprise from Musashi Industrial and Starflight Concern (MISC) on Nov. 27.
- New Manufacturers Every Day: With new manufacturers opening their IAE 2951 show halls each day, there’s an array of existing and new ships to see and test fly throughout.
- Best in Show: Starting on Nov. 28, attendees can look forward to the reveal for the exclusive ship skins and in-game leather jackets awarded to the four finalists of Star Citizen’s recent Ship Showdown event. In addition, the Ship Showdown winner, the MPUV Cargo (and its cult following) will receive a manufacturer-themed in-game backpack.
- Aegis Redeemer: Whether you find yourself dogfighting or facing off against capital ships, this heavily armed gunship puts you and your crew in the center of any battle.
- Crusader Ares Star Fighter: Attendees can look forward to two variants of the Ares Star Fighter: Inferno and Ion. While the Ares Star Fighter Ion is armed with a S7 laser cannon and excels at long-range combat, the Ares Star Fighter Inferno comes packed with a S7 ballistic gatling cannon better suited for mid-ranged engagements. Both variants of the gunship excel at dealing damage to large and capital level ships.
- Whitley’s Guide Coverage: Tune-in for coverage and updates from Jax McCleary throughout the show. The award-winning journalist and host of the wildly popular Whitley’s Guide will bring viewers the latest directly from the New Babbage Expo Hall with hot takes on the latest ship models on show, starting on the very first day.
The Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2951 is scheduled to begin on Nov. 19 and will run through Dec. 1. For a more detailed schedule and map of the IAE 2951 halls, please head to the official website here.
This year’s IAE 2951 will take place at the Tobin Expo Center in New Babbage. Attendees can take advantage of the local transit system to reach the expo.
To download supporting assets, including the Star Citizen IAE 2951 trailer, please visit our press kit.