Star Citizen — Alpha 3.12: Assault on Stanton Update
Introduces New Refinery Gameplay, Capital Ship Combat AI,
Gas Clouds, and More
Cloud Imperium Games Sets Stage for Large-scale Dynamic Events and
Launches Free Drake Dragonfly Black Ship Referral Program
LOS ANGELES – Dec. 17, 2020 – Cloud Imperium Games (CIG) today announced the launch of the latest Alpha update for Star Citizen. Available for all active and new Star Citizen pilots, the Star Citizen – Alpha 3.12: Assault on Stanton update introduces refinery gameplay, new ships, updated planetary environments, new space cloud tech, a multi-purpose handheld tractor beam tool, AI and combat optimizations, and a wide array of other additions and improvements based upon player feedback.
Additionally, the release of the Star Citizen – Alpha 3.12: Assault on Stanton update enables the highly anticipated server-wide Dynamic Events to take place in the ‘verse. Launched and managed in-game by the Star Citizen gameplay team, each server-wide mission event can vary in subject matter, challenge, and duration. Information on the first such Dynamic Event will be made available in the near future.
“As we close out 2020, we’re excited to add more gameplay and spectacle to Star Citizen with the introduction of refinery decks, new gas cloud tech, and visual improvements to Hurston, Daymar, and microTech,” said Cloud Imperium co-founder and Star Citizen Creative Director Chris Roberts. “As the name implies, Alpha 3.12: Assault on Stanton also includes our first implementation of Dynamic Events, starting with an exciting server-wide scenario, pitting players against and alongside AI-controlled spacecraft and behemoth capital ships to defend Stanton system, as we continue in our goal to make Star Citizen a living universe. We’ll be turning on this first Dynamic Event over the holidays, and are planning more Dynamic Events in space and on planets in the year ahead.”
Watch the Star Citizen – Alpha 3.12: Assault on Stanton update trailer above
In addition to the exciting new dynamic event technology, Star Citizen pilots can also look forward to new content and further system improvements with the Star Citizen – Alpha 3.12: Assault on Stanton update, including the following highlights:
- Refinery Gameplay: Miners and Traders can look forward to a new gameplay loop, extending career paths while further rounding out both professions. Players may now visit refinery decks at select space stations in Stanton and refine raw materials into more valuable and high-quality materials.
- Improved AI and Capital Ship Security Response: Lawbreaking players that have ‘achieved’ the required CrimeStat will now have the UEE Navy to answer to, and it’s bringing the big guns. NPC weapon use and turret targeting have also been improved, making combat more realistic and engaging. Players are also receiving a combat boost thanks to torpedo and countermeasure reworks, making them more deadly and effective, respectively.
- Gas Clouds in Space: The first iterations of Star Citizen’s Gas Cloud Tech can be experienced in voluminous clouds, typically found near rest stops at Lagrange points throughout the ‘verse. These beautiful points-of-interest are a particularly effective hiding spot for ships of any size.
- New Ships: Esperia Talon and the Shrike Variant: The Talon is the perfect example of Tevarin spaceship-building. Designed to emphasize speed and maneuverability, the Talon excels at striking first and striking hard.
- Tractor Beam for Multi-Tool: The new Tractor Beam attachment allows players to move objects, such as cargo. In zero gravity environments, the tractor beam also effectively works as a grappling hook to collect cargo, offering new and fun gameplay opportunities!
- Planetary Improvements: The frozen vistas of microTech, Hurston’s endless plains, and the rocky environs of Daymar now benefit from higher-quality environments, increased topological variety, and new flora ready to be discovered.
- Drake Dragonfly Referral Rewards: For a limited time starting with the release of Alpha 3.12, all backers will receive a free Drake Dragonfly Black loaner ship until Jan. 11, 2021. Furthermore, all players who refer new players into Star Citizen will keep their Dragonfly Black permanently with lifetime insurance included. The players referred into the game will also get to keep their Dragonfly Black with lifetime insurance!
- Tobii Eye Tracking Support: Take flying and dogfighting in Star Citizen to the next level with the advanced precision and speed of Tobii eye tracking hardware. In order to take advantage of eye tracking support in Star Citizen, players must have the appropriate Tobii hardware, such as the Tobii Eye Tracker 5. For a limited time, Star Citizen players will benefit from a 10% saving from the regular price of the Tobii Eye Tracker 5. For more information about compatible eye tracking devices and systems, please visit Tobii Gaming | Powerful Eye Tracking for PC Games.
For full details on the Star Citizen – Alpha 3.12: Assault on Stanton update, please head here.
Star Citizen combines classic space sim gameplay with boundary-pushing visuals in a massively multiplayer setting with unprecedented fidelity. Live how you want to live: shift paths from cargo hauler to outlaw, explorer, or any other role, whenever you want. Explore multiple planets and moons, including vast cities and underground caverns, all created with a unique combination of procedural planet technology and complementary hand-crafted design.
For further information, including how to download and play Star Citizen, visit the official website. Enlist today and join this ever-expanding universe by visiting the game’s Welcome Hub and Guide System for tips on how to play. Millions of players from around the world have already joined to help CIG build the most ambitious game ever made. For continued updates, keep up with Star Citizen on Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Twitter, and YouTube.
About Cloud Imperium Games and Roberts Space Industries®
Cloud Imperium is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAA games outside the established publisher system. It was founded in 2012 by renowned visionary game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander series, Freelancer, Privateer), Sandi Gardiner, and international media lawyer and producer Ortwin Freyermuth (Carlito’s Way, Shattered, Das Boot – Director’s Cut), with industry veteran and studio director Erin Roberts (Lego videogame series, Starlancer, Privateer) joining the team in 2013. Cloud Imperium is creating Star Citizen, a record-shattering, largely crowdfunded space sim, and Squadron 42, a Hollywood-caliber, story-driven single-player game set in the same universe. Cloud Imperium operates in “open development” – sharing progress and updates in near real time. This paradigm-shifting development process (game development usually occurs behind closed doors) gives the community an unprecedented look at Star Citizen and Squadron 42’s development and allows direct feedback and interaction between players and developers, thereby ensuring that the games being developed are what players want to play.