Silent Streets: The Mockingbird’s Last Dive Makes Players a
True Detective on iOS Platforms Today
A Holmesian Narrative and Augmented Reality Technology Brings This Grim,
19th Century Victorian Era Murder Mystery to Life
Paris — March 1, 2018 — Independent developer Funbakers and independent games publisher Playdius today announced that Silent Streets: The Mockingbird’s Last Dive is out now. Available today exclusively for iOS devices and coming soon for Android devices, players can purchase Silent Streets: The Mockingbird’s Last Dive, the first episode of the Silent Streets mystery saga, on the App Store today for $2.99 USD.
Featuring advanced augmented reality (ARKit) technology and story-driven game design choices emphasizing the game’s Holmesian plot and unforgettable characters, Silent Streets: The Mockingbird’s Last Dive introduces players to the grim town of Snowport. Charged with solving a series of bloody homicides, players must inspect crime scenes for evidence and clues, interrogate suspects, and bring justice to a city in peril.
“There are simply too many similar games crowding the mobile market,” said Guillaume Jamet, Head of Publishing at Playdius. “We’re interested in supporting premium, story-driven games, ones that will stand out from the crowd and encourage folks to think and play outside the box. With its focus on story and narrative – and its unique ARKit powered gameplay features, we think Silent Streets: The Mockingbird’s Last Dive is such a title.”
To watch a new Silent Streets: The Mockingbird’s Last Dive gameplay trailer, please head here:
Silent Streets: The Mockingbird’s Last Dive Unique Features:
- Hands-on Detective Work: As one of the first ARKit-powered titles to launch on mobile, Augmented Reality features call on players’ true detective skills as they investigate objects and places of interest to uncover clues and evidence.
- Unforgettable Artwork: Minimalistic modern interface and design brings the game’s haunting Victorian era setting to life as players unravel the mysteries haunting the streets and back alleys of Snowport.
- A Page-turner Adventure: Written by Richard Cobbett, a renowned games journalist and writer for Fallen London, Sunless Sea, Sunless Skies, and Long Journey Home, Silent Streets: The Mockingbird’s Last Dive will keep players engaged and investigating through the title’s many twists and turns.
- Pop on Your Headphones: Experience professional voice acting and detailed Victorian ambience in every location of the game, underscored by epic music from the brilliant Mihkel Zilmer.
- Just the Beginning: Today’s launch of Silent Streets: The Mockingbird’s Last Dive marks the beginning of the Silent Streets Expect additional chapters for both iOS and Android devices as the adventure continues.
Funbakers is an independent game development team based in Maynooth, Ireland. The studio is led by Demid Tishin, game designer and company housekeeper, Alex Nitz, art lead (and medical doctor), and Ilya Moshkov, sound wonder-man (aka resident badass).
Playdius is the publishing branch of Plug In Digital, video game distribution leader based in France. Since 2015, we are patiently building a strong line up on PC, Consoles and Mobile with games from all over the world such as Hover, Bury Me My Love, Splasher or upcoming Away and Edge of Eternity.
Our ambition is to bring to the players the very best of incredible indie production, with creative and different games that match with our motto: “Play Outside the Box”.