Silent Streets: The Mocking Bird Brings Hands-on Detective Work to iOS Platforms on March 1, 2018
Augmented Reality Technology and Story-driven Game Design Makes the Player a True Detective in New 19th Century Victorian Era Murder Mystery
Paris — Feb. 15, 2018 — Independent developer Funbakers and independent games publisher Playdius today announced the launch date for Silent Streets: The Mocking Bird. Available on Mar. 1, 2018 exclusively for iOS devices and coming soon for Android devices, players can pre-order the first episode of the Silent Streets mystery saga on the App Store today for $2.99 USD. Making use of ARkit technology and story-driven game design choices, the Silent Streets saga introduces the next generation of mystery games — and finds players exploring the foreboding town of Snowport, leading an investigation into a series of bloody homicides in a chilling 19th century Victorian era murder mystery.
“We want to support premium, story-driven games — particularly, truly original titles that will encourage players to think and play outside of the box,” said Guillaume Jamet, Head of Publishing at Playdius. “With its gripping story and unique AR gameplay mechanics, Silent Streets: The Mocking Bird is a perfect follow up to Playdius’ recent release of the critically acclaimed mobile adventure title Bury Me, My Love.”
Silent Streets: The Mocking Bird Unique Features:
- Hands-on Detective Work: As one of the first ARKit-powered titles to launch on mobile, Augmented Reality features call on players’ true detective skills as they investigate objects and places of interest to uncover clues and evidence.
- Unforgettable Artwork: Minimalistic modern interface and design brings the game’s haunting Victorian era setting to life as players unravel the mysteries haunting the streets and back alleys of Snowport.
- A Page-turner Adventure: Written by Richard Cobbett, a renowned games journalist and writer for Fallen London, Sunless Sea, Sunless Skies, and Long Journey Home, Silent Streets: The Mocking Bird will keep players engaged and investigating through the title’s many twists and turns.
- Pop on Your Headphones: Experience professional voice acting and detailed Victorian ambience in every location of the game, underscored by epic music from the brilliant Mihkel Zilmer.
- Just the Beginning: Today’s launch of Silent Streets: The Mocking Bird marks the beginning of the Silent Streets Expect additional chapters for both iOS and Android devices as the adventure continues.
Funbakers is an independent game development team based in Maynooth, Ireland. The studio is led by Demid Tishin, game designer and company housekeeper, Alex Nitz, art lead (and medical doctor), and Ilya Moshkov, sound wonder-man (aka resident badass).
Playdius is the publishing branch of Plug In Digital, video game distribution leader based in France. Since 2015, we are patiently building a strong line up on PC, Consoles and Mobile with games from all over the world such as Hover, Bury Me My Love, Splasher or upcoming Away and Edge of Eternity.
Our ambition is to bring to the players the very best of incredible indie production, with creative and different games that match with our motto: “Play Outside the Box”.