RISING STORM 2: VIETNAM — MP Campaign Introduces
Timeline Driven Battles Spanning the Years from 1965-1975
Tripwire Interactive Adds Massive 64-player Multiplayer Campaign Mode,
New Maps, and More with Free Update
ROSWELL, Ga. — Wednesday, September 19 — Rising Storm 2: Vietnam players can look forward to one of the biggest multiplayer updates released to date with today’s launch of the Rising Storm 2: Vietnam MP Campaign update from publisher Tripwire Interactive and developer Antimatter Games. Following a successful beta and out now on Steam, the update introduces a new 64-player Campaign Mode that charges players with deciding the fate of the war in Vietnam. Choose between Northern or Southern forces and fight for control of key territories from 1965 through 1975 with available forces and weaponry varying depending on the year.
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam MP Campaign key features include:
- Full 64-Player Campaign Mode
- Choose your side: Take control of Northern or Southern forces, battling for control region by region
- Fight from 1965 through 1975 with different forces and weaponry available to each side as time progresses
- Select regions to compete for, the army to use, and the map to fight over
- Northern forces can make strategic use of the Ho Chi Minh Trail option to bring stronger People’s Army of Vietnam (PAVN) forces to bear
- Sourthern forces can respond with carefully timed use of the Search and Destroy option
- Added Variety: Fight over classic maps with new armies, different Commander abilities and weapons, and different attackers and variety
- Help decide the fate of the Vietnam war!
Tripwire Interactive and Antimatter games are also excited to support the Rising Storm 2: Vietnam modding community with a brand-new player-made map included with today’s official release of the MP Campaign update.
New Map — Highway 14: Winner of the Rising Storm 2: Vietnam $40,000 Modding Contest, this massive map finds the US Army fighting along a highway through difficult terrain, clearing objectives while NFL guerrilla forces work to stop them at every opportunity.
As with every significant update, today’s Rising Storm 2: Vietnam MP Campaign update also includes a large number of smaller updates, bug fixes, and quality of life enhancements, including:
- Tripwire Traps and Tunnel Spawns can now be placed on more surface types, making them more useful in urban environments.
- New Cosmetics: ARVN forces now get their own variant of ERDL camouflage and tiger stripe boonie hat. US forces get Mitchell Cloud camouflage.
- New Thunder Clap sound effect: In response to a request from a Rising Storm 2: Vietnam mapper, the developers have created a new single sound effect for a clap of thunder, replacing the existing looping effect — and hopes the player enjoys using it!
Available now on PC, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is the sequel to Rising Storm, PC Gamer magazine’s 2013 ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, published by Tripwire Interactive and developed by Antimatter Games. Command your team to victory in massive 64-player battles with authentic weapons, aircraft, and maps that pit conventional military forces against guerilla forces.
Stay up-to-date with the latest Rising Storm 2: Vietnam news and information at www.rs2Vietnam.com. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam at any of these online channels: www.tripwireinteractive.com, on Discord at https://discord.gg/rs2vietnam, Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RS2Vietnam/, Twitter at https://twitter.com/rs2vietnam, Reddit at /r/rs2vietnam, Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/tripwireinteractive and on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/tripwireinteractive.
Rising Storm 2: Vietnam ©2017 Tripwire Interactive. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998-2016, Epic Games, Inc. Steam® is a registered trademark of Valve, Inc. This software product includes Autodesk® Human IK® property of Autodesk, Inc. 2008, Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk, “Autodesk® Human IK®” is a registered trademark or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
About Tripwire Interactive
Gamers want games that grab their attention and will keep them coming back for more. Tripwire has been producing those types of games since the first Red Orchestra mod that won the “Make Something Unreal” competition in 2004. Since then Tripwire has won numerous Multiplayer and FPS Game of the Year awards from top editorial sites — and millions have played a Red Orchestra or Killing Floor game, with an average play time of over 40 hours, per player, per game! Since it first launched for PC in 2009, Killing Floor has sold over five million units worldwide. Tripwire has published select 3rd party titles (The Ball, Zeno Clash, Dwarfs?!), supported each title with free extra content and taken their brand of winning gaming to console, to continuously expand that base. Tripwire will continue to offer new and exciting gaming experiences both to their millions of fans and to new gamers alike — including Killing Floor 2 for PC, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®4 Pro, Xbox One, and Xbox One X, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam for PC, Killing Floor: Incursion for Oculus Touch and HTC VIVE in 2017 — and PlayStation®VR in 2018. To find out why millions of gamers spend so much time playing Tripwire games and getting involved with Tripwire’s special events for existing games, visit the website at www.tripwireinteractive.com for all the latest news direct from the studio.