Larcenauts Raises the Stakes with ‘The Zarius Heist’ Update, Deploying New Specialist, Payload-Style Mode and Map Today
Impulse Gear Continues to Expand the Ludus Galaxy with More Free Content for the First Hero Shooter in Virtual Reality
SAN FRANCISCO – Sept. 30, 2021 – Independent developer and publisher, Impulse Gear, continues their committed support of Larcenauts, the Virtual Reality (VR), team-based, 6v6 multiplayer, first-person hero shooter that offers full cross-play support across major VR devices, with another free content update available today, The Zarius Heist. Larcenauts, including the content in The Zarius Heist, is available now with full cross-play support across Oculus devices including Oculus Quest, Oculus Quest 2, Oculus Rift and Oculus Rift-S (cross-buy supported), as well as SteamVR via the compatible HTC Vive, Valve Index, Oculus Rift and Windows Mixed Reality headsets for an MSRP of $29.99.
New to Larcenauts in The Zarius Heist update is a new payload-style objective mode, Heist, complete with a brand-new map, Thunderhead. A map set in a remote citadel sitting high atop the rock spires of Tauron 3; players will work to move an objective through the map against the enemy team. Due to its precipitous heights and diverse layout, Thunderhead is a treacherous map where unexpected fates await amid its grandeur and beauty. Specialists can expect varied and focused path flow for long-range as well as close-quarters combat. Grapple point placement ensures the action is spread throughout the epic terrain. Word around space is that Thunderhead has been desecrated by Zarius space pirates using their “enhancements.” Mysteries abound, players will need to watch their step in order to revel in the newly discovered (and stunning) Temple of Suns.
Also introduced in The Zarius Heist update is an all-new Specialist, Imperia. A warrior class archer, this alluring and graceful Dynastalker arrives in Larcenauts from the Verdana Cluster galaxy. Imperia is quick to protect her tribe with a steely eye on enemy movement and is always poised for a counterattack or well-placed healing round. A ranger, she wields the Vipera Strike, a famed and highly coveted bow and arrow weapon. Efficient, precise and calamitous, the Vipera Strike deals damage from a distance via dyna-charged pulse interlaced bolt casters. Adding an array of ancient and seemingly magical powers, this new Specialist is not one to be trifled with.
New hero Imperia’s weapons and abilities:
- Vipera Strike – Imperia’s main weapon. An elegant and unique bow & arrow of the Dynastalker warrior class, and serious slinger of searing shaft sleeves.
- Parasphere Field – A portable healing device powered by the blood of your enemies. Damage dealt to enemies fills the device, healing allies in the surrounding area when full.
- Animax Grenade – Deals damage in an area and spawns soul wisps at each enemy damaged that explode after a short time.
- Dyna Burst – Advanced Dynastalker tech enables Imperia to enter an invulnerable state. Rapid healing occurs during this period of invulnerability.
More key additions with The Zarius Heist include quality of life updates like private lobbies; for more information on what is new and upcoming for Larcenauts, please join the official Discord.
Larcenauts key features include:
- The First Hero Shooter for Virtual Reality: The wildly popular Hero Shooter genre finally arrives for Virtual Reality. Take competitive shooter gameplay to another dimension and experience the heart-pounding thrill of battle like never before through the immersion of VR.
- The Specialist Squad: Variety is the spice of life, and of shooters! Players can select from a motley crew of eight unique Specialists with larger-than-life personalities and their own weapons and skills to fill their team. From Evander the Hunter, to Vod, the mushroomy monster, or even two flavors of deadly robot, this squad drips style and flair.
- Deep Character Progression and Customization: Players can grow their Specialists via the deep stat progression system and personalize the heist with fully customizable weapons loadouts and through earning an array of stylish cosmetic skins.
- Run and Gun in Battles Across the Ludus Galaxy: Battle against other heist crews in three unique game modes, such as territories-style Refuel, capture-the-flag-style Uplink, and classic team deathmatch across four different maps including Relay, Excavation, Blight and Hazard Pay.
- Full Cross-Play Support Across VR Platforms and Devices: Fully supported cross-play across Oculus and SteamVR devices allows players to jump online, grab a friend and form a crew, regardless of VR platform.
Larcenauts is the first team-based, 6v6 multiplayer, hero shooter for VR. Players choose from a diverse cast of eight playable Specialists with larger-than-life personalities such as the Grenadier, the Infiltrator, and even a sentient Mushroom. They are led by their fearless leader, Captain Kas, who doubles as the in-game announcer and is voiced by the inimitable Jane Lynch (Glee, Wreck-It Ralph, American Dad!). Each Specialist features fully customizable weapon loadouts and unique skills that can be grown over time via the deep progression system along with earning stylish new cosmetic upgrades to add personal swagger. Players assemble their crew and battle online through the Tern System with full cross-play support across major VR devices. Thrilling 6v6 multiplayer matches will take Specialists through game modes including territories-style Refuel, capture-the-flag-style Uplink and classic team Deathmatch spanning four otherworldly maps including Relay, Excavation, Blight and Hazard Pay, all to compete for riches in the lawless fringes of the Ludus galaxy. To the victor go the spoils…
Impulse Gear will continue to support the growing community of Larcenauts players around the world. For more information on Larcenauts, visit the official website – and follow Impulse Gear on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
About Impulse Gear Inc
Founded in 2013, Impulse Gear is an independent game studio exploring the digital frontier of Virtual Reality. The company is based in San Francisco, and has a sole mission to develop the best original AAA game experiences and have fun doing it. Composed of developers from the AAA VR, console, PC and mobile game industries, the core team has over 50 years of experience developing some of the biggest titles at EA, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Ubisoft, 2K and Activision. With VR becoming a reality, the co-founders of Impulse Gear decided that the time was right to start an independent studio dedicated to the new medium. VR enables a whole new level of immersion and interactivity and the team has been at the forefront in defining what VR gaming can become. Their first title, Farpoint, did just that. Impulse Gear is now focused on developing original AAA game experiences on all platforms while exploring what the VR medium has to offer. They continue to break new ground in VR gaming with their latest title, Larcenauts, the first cross-play 6v6 multiplayer hero shooter for the VR market.
Kjell Vistad | Riley Smith
ONE PR Studio [for Impulse Gear] ImpulseGear@oneprstudio.com