Larcenauts’ Next Major Update, ‘The Zarius Heist,’ Arrives on Sept. 30, Oculus Daily Deal Sale Sept. 18
Independent developer and publisher, Impulse Gear, continues their committed support of Larcenauts, the Virtual Reality (VR), team-based, 6v6 multiplayer, first-person hero shooter that offers full cross-play support across major VR devices, with another free content update, The Zarius Heist, coming on Sept. 30. To prepare for the release of The Zarius Heist, Impulse Gear is holding a Daily Deal promotion on the Oculus store for one day only on Saturday, Sept. 18, where future misfits can join the Larcenauts action at a 10 percent discount.
Coming at the end of September as a free content update, The Zarius Heist will bring an all-new Specialist into the fray, a brand-new map, a new payload objective mode and more. Additional details about the new character, map, private lobbies, and new game mode will be made available soon. In the meantime, you can keep up with the latest Larcenauts updates on the official Discord.
Larcenauts is available now with full cross-play support across Oculus devices including Oculus Quest, Oculus Quest 2, Oculus Rift and Oculus Rift-S (cross-buy supported), as well as SteamVR, via the compatible HTC Vive, Valve Index, Oculus Rift and Windows Mixed Reality headsets for an MSRP of $29.99.
Larcenauts key features include:
- The First Hero Shooter for Virtual Reality: The wildly popular Hero Shooter genre finally arrives for Virtual Reality. Take competitive shooter gameplay to another dimension and experience the heart-pounding thrill of battle like never before through the immersion of VR.
- The Specialist Squad: Variety is the spice of life, and of shooters! Players can select from a motley crew of 8 unique Specialists with larger-than-life personalities and their own weapons and skills to fill their team. From Evander the Hunter, to Vod, the mushroomy monster, or even two flavors of deadly robot, this squad drips style and flair.
- Deep Character Progression and Customization: Players can grow their Specialists via the deep stat progression system and personalize the heist with fully customizable weapons loadouts and through earning an array of stylish cosmetic skins.
- Run and Gun in Battles Across the Ludus Galaxy: Battle against other heist crews in 3 unique game modes, such as territories-style Refuel, capture-the-flag-style Uplink, and classic team deathmatch across 4 different maps including Relay, Excavation, Blight and Hazard Pay.
- Full Cross-Play Support Across VR Platforms and Devices: Fully supported cross-play across Oculus and SteamVR devices allows players to jump online, grab a friend and form a crew, regardless of VR platform.
Larcenauts is the first team-based, 6v6 multiplayer, hero shooter for VR. Players choose from a diverse cast of 8 playable Specialists with larger-than-life personalities such as the Grenadier, the Infiltrator, and even a sentient Mushroom. They are led by their fearless leader, Captain Kas, who doubles as the in-game announcer and is voiced by the inimitable Jane Lynch (Glee, Wreck-It Ralph, American Dad!). Each Specialist features fully customizable weapon loadouts and unique skills that can be grown over time via the deep progression system along with earning stylish new cosmetic upgrades to add personal swagger. Players assemble their crew and battle online through the Tern System with full cross-play support across major VR devices. Thrilling 6v6 multiplayer matches will take Specialists through game modes including territories-style Refuel, capture-the-flag-style Uplink and classic team Deathmatch spanning 4 otherworldly maps including Relay, Excavation, Blight and Hazard Pay, all to compete for riches in the lawless fringes of the Ludus galaxy. To the victor go the spoils…
Impulse Gear will continue to support the growing community of Larcenauts players around the world. For more information on Larcenauts, visit the official website – and follow Impulse Gear on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Kjell Vistad | Riley Smith
ONE PR Studio [for Impulse Gear] ImpulseGear@oneprstudio.com