Killing Floor 2: Chop ‘Til You Drop Christmas Update Spreads Zed-filled Joy To PC, PlayStation, and Xbox
Ring in the Holidays with a New Community Map, Weekly Game Modes, Weapons, Cosmetics, and More from Tripwire Interactive!
ROSWELL, Ga. – Dec. 9, 2021 – Developer and publisher Tripwire Interactive is starting the Holiday celebrations early with today’s launch of the Killing Floor 2: Chop ‘Til You Drop Christmas update. Out now for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Xbox Series X|S – and PC via Steam or the Epic Games Store, today’s free update for the first-person shooter, co-op action title brings a bundle of Holiday cheer and fear to players, including the new Carillon Hamlet map, Christmas themed Zed variants, weekly game modes Boss Rush and Shrunken Heads, new weapons, cosmetics, achievements, and quality of life improvements!
To celebrate today’s Christmas-themed Chop ‘Til You Drop update, Killing Floor 2 will be on sale across all platforms in various Holiday promotions throughout December. Be sure and follow Tripwire Interactive on Twitter for all the latest and greatest sales information as it becomes available!
Killing Floor 2: Chop ‘Til You Drop Update Highlights:
New Featured Community Map: Carillon Hamlet
- This medium-sized map has an industrial style with a bright, daytime setting that’s perfect for making players feel all the holiday joy – until the Zeds arrive.
- Supported Modes: Survival, Weekly, and Endless
- The new event introduces 5 new objectives tied to the Carillon Hamlet map where players can earn the Holiday Shopping Companion Backpack accessory.
New Weekly Game Modes
- Boss Rush: This mode consists of different waves of fighting with one random boss, with the difficulty scaling with each wave. After completing the mode, players are rewarded with the Boss Trophy Backpack accessory.
- Shrunken Heads: Sharpshooter? Not this match. In this mode, Zed’s heads are shrunken down and do not take head-shot damage. Also, all Zeds have a new critical spot, configured for each zed type. After completing the mode, players are rewarded with the Practice Target backpack accessory.
- Doshinegun: Turn your Cash into Bash! The Doshinegun is designed for the Survivalist Perk and comes with five unique skin variants!
- Free HRG Stunner: Designed to pack a punch with plenty of stopping power, this free weapon for SWAT class players is “shockingly” strong and great for keeping waves of zeds at bay.
- Alchemist Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
- Christmas Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
- Alchemist Gear Cosmetic Bundle Pack
- Chop ‘Til You Drop themed cosmetics will be purchasable via the Direct Bundle
- Holiday Shopper Outfit Bundle: Gear up for Black Friday with the new Christmas 2021 outfit. This bundle is compatible with the following characters: Mr. Foster, Reverend Alberts, Mrs. Foster, PC Rob Briar, Classic Briar, Oisten Jagerhorn, Ana Larive, Lt. Bill Masterson, Classic Masterson, Donovan Neal, DJ Scull, Anton Strasser, Hayato Tanaka, Rae Higgins.
- The Update adds new Map Difficulty and Achievements for those who like to keep score.
Killing Floor 2 has an MSRP of $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99 and is developed and published by Tripwire Interactive and is published at retail by Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive for the Xbox One, Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 Pro, PlayStation®4, and PC. This title has been rated M by the ESRB, PEGI 18, USK 18.
Stay up to date with the latest Killing Floor 2 news and information on the official website. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive by visiting the official website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
About Tripwire Interactive
Formed in 2005 as a humble independent developer founded by gamers who found success in the video game modding community, Tripwire Interactive has developed and self-published multiple critically acclaimed titles in the wildly popular Killing Floor and Rising Storm franchises, which have collectively sold over 20 million units to date. The studio’s latest project, Maneater, breaks new ground in the popular action RPG genre and finds players taking on the role of a deadly shark with the uncanny ability to evolve as it feeds.
Since then, Tripwire Interactive has expanded its business with the publishing division, Tripwire Presents, turning its experience and resources to include publishing titles spanning multiple platforms and genres from other talented independent studios. Tripwire Presents aims to help like-minded independent studios bring their titles to market, including Chivalry 2 developed by Torn Banner Studios, Espire 1: VR Operative developed by Digital Lode, and Road Redemption developed by EQ Games and Pixel Dash Studios.
Killing Floor©2009-2021 Tripwire Interactive. Killing Floor® is a registered trademark of Tripwire Interactive in the USA and other countries.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
“Xbox” is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation
This trailer/video may only be displayed if it is behind an age-gate that: (1) is age-neutral (i.e., requires the user to input their date of birth or select it from a drop-down bar; (2) employs reasonable technical measures to keep underage users from re-entering their age after initially being denied access; and (3) does not display any ESRB rating information on the video player or the age-gate itself. Failure to implement these requirements may jeopardize your ability to obtain material of this nature from us in the future.