Gary Busey is Badass Santa In New Killing Floor 2
Winter Update, Out Now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
Tripwire Interactive Starts the Holidays Early with
Killing Floor 2 – Twisted Christmas: Season’s Beatings Update
ROSWELL, Ga. — Tuesday, December 4 — Tripwire Interactive and legendary actor Gary Busey join forces to deck the halls with blood and corpses with today’s launch of the Killing Floor 2 – Twisted Christmas: Season’s Beatings update. Out now PlayStation®4, PlayStation®4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X, and PC via Steam, today’s Killing Floor 2 update promises to the end the year with a bang, featuring new maps, weapons, festive redesigns of Killing Floor 2’s horrific cast of zeds, and the new playable Badass Santa purchasable character voiced by Gary Busey himself!
Busey also lends his voice to the Trader in the Santa’s Workshop Map – and this “gift of Gary” will be free for all players throughout this Christmas themed event. Starting today, Killing Floor 2 players can expect helpful and ominous tips from Gary Busey as he offers advice on weapon and gear purchases between rounds during Trader Time
Killing Floor 2 players can also look forward to joining forces with Santa to reclaim his workshop from the evil clutches of Krampus in the new map Santa’s Workshop. As a special holiday treat, Tripwire Interactive is also introducing the fan favorite community map Shopping Spree for the duration of the Twisted Christmas: Season’s Beatings update. Experience the true horrors of consumerism as players slay zeds throughout a nightmarish and mangled shopping mall.
Killing Floor 2 – Twisted Christmas: Season’s Beatings update key features include:
- New Badass Santa Playable Character and Trader voiced by Gary Busey
- Wish your fellow players blood tidings and season’s beatings with the new purchasable playable Badass Santa character and complimentary Trader voice
- New Map: Santa’s Workshop
- Beat back waves of zeds in this brand-new objective survival map. Compatible with Weekly, Survival, and Endless modes.
- New Map: Shopping Spree
- Take a ride through this fan favorite community map. Compatible with Weekly, Survival, and Endless modes.
- Four New Weapons
- Thompson – SWAT / Commando
- Krampus Battle Axe – Berserker
- M32 Grenade Launcher – Demolitionist
- Fire Axe – Berserker
- The Return of Christmas Seasonal Zeds
- Deck the halls with blood and monsters! This year’s winter update marks the return of zesty Christmas-themed zeds
- New “No Duplicates” System
- The system now records items granted from a crate, USB, or ticket. While the same rarity drop percentages apply, it will be guaranteed to grant one of each cosmetic (ware-variants included) until you have the full item set. Once you have obtained all the items from a crate, USB, or ticket, it will clear the records of that item set and begin recording anew.
- Coming Soon: Killing Floor 2/Road Redemption Crossover!
- Road Redemption Exclusive Weapon: The Road Redeemer
- This chained bat for the Berserker class will be available for players who own both Killing Floor 2 and Road Redemption on Steam or PlayStation 4. Xbox One players can look forward to this crossover once Road Redemption launches for Xbox One
- Killing Floor 2 Characters in Road Redemption
- Hans Volter and DJ Scully are playable characters for players who own both Killing Floor 2 and Road Redemption on Steam or PlayStation 4. Xbox One players can look forward to this crossover once Road Redemption launches for Xbox One.
- Road Redemption Exclusive Weapon: The Road Redeemer
As part of its continued commitment to support the modding community, Tripwire Interactive is also proud to partner with Mod DB to host the NEW GROUNDS Mapping Contest for Killing Floor 2 with $50,000 (USD) in cash prizes currently up for grabs in this live contest. There’s still time to enter and submit your best Survival and Non-Survival user-made maps for consideration and a chance to win. For full details, please head to the official NEW GROUNDS Mapping Contest website at Mod DB.
In Killing Floor 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union— Just one month after the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though… A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
Killing Floor 2 is developed and published by Tripwire Interactive and is published at retail by Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive for the Xbox One, Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 Pro, PlayStation®4, and PC. This title has been rated M by the ESRB, PEGI 18, USK 18.
Stay up-to-date with the latest Killing Floor 2 news and information on the official website: www.killingfloor2.com. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive at any of these online channels: www.tripwireinteractive.com, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tripwireinteractive, Twitter at https://twitter.com/TripwireInt, Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/tripwireinteractive/ and on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/tripwireinteractive.
About Tripwire Interactive
Gamers want games that grab their attention and will keep them coming back for more. Tripwire has been producing those types of games since the first Red Orchestra mod that won the “Make Something Unreal” competition in 2004. Since then Tripwire has won numerous Multiplayer and FPS Game of the Year awards from top editorial sites—and millions have played a Red Orchestra or Killing Floor game, with an average play time of over 40 hours, per player, per game! Since it first launched for PC in 2009, Killing Floor has sold over five million units worldwide. Tripwire has published select 3rd-party titles (The Ball, Zeno Clash, Dwarfs?!), supported each title with free extra content and taken their brand of winning gaming to console, to continuously expand that base. Tripwire will continue to offer new and exciting gaming experiences both to their millions of fans and to new gamers alike—including Killing Floor 2 for PC, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®4 Pro, Xbox One, and Xbox One X, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam for PC, Killing Floor: Incursion for Oculus Touch and HTC VIVE in 2017—along with PlayStation®VR and Windows Mixed Reality in 2018. In addition to developing their own games Tripwire announced a new publishing division at E3 2018 designed to help other independent studios bring their games to market through a truly collaborative publishing model. Road Redemption for PC, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X, and Nintendo Switch will be the first game to come from the new publishing arm in Fall 2018 and Maneater for PC will be coming in 2019. Tripwire also recently announced a partnership with Digital Lode to bring Espire 1: VR Operative to VR platforms in 2019. To find out why millions of gamers spend so much time playing Tripwire games and getting involved with Tripwire’s special events for existing games, visit the website at www.tripwireinteractive.com for all the latest news direct from the studio.
Killing Floor©2009-2018 Tripwire Interactive. Killing Floor® is a registered trademark of Tripwire Interactive in the USA and other countries.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
“Xbox” is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
This trailer/video may only be displayed if it is behind an age-gate that: (1) is age-neutral (i.e., requires the user to input their date of birth or select it from a drop-down bar; (2) employs reasonable technical measures to keep underage users from re-entering their age after initially being denied access; and (3) does not display any ESRB rating information on the video player or the age-gate itself. Failure to implement these requirements may jeopardize your ability to obtain material of this nature from us in the future.