Chivalry 2 Joins Game Pass on Xbox and PC with ‘Reinforced’ Content Update for All Platforms
Torn Banner Studios and Tripwire Presents Bring Mounted Horse Combat to the Frontlines of Battle and Introduce Chivalry 2: King’s Edition
ROSWELL, Ga. – Oct. 4, 2022 – There’s never been a better time to join the ultimate medieval battlefield in Chivalry 2. Publisher Tripwire Presents and developer Torn Banner Studios are excited to announce that the award-winning multiplayer hit, Chivalry 2, joins Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass starting today. Players can also look forward to arming themselves with the new Katars dual-wielded weapon and chaotic battles in the brand-new Hippodrome map in the Chivalry 2: Reinforced content update out now for all supported platforms, including PC (via Steam and Epic Games Store), the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One family of devices, and the Xbox Series X|S console systems.
Chivalry 2: Reinforced Content Update Key Features:
- New Map: Hippodrome (Team Deathmatch/Free-for-All). Designed from the ground-up to showcase the new mounted horse combat feature first introduced with the Chivalry 2: Tenosian Invasion content update, Hippodrome is set in an arena full of danger and peril with spike traps and flamethrowers – and features open spaces, providing lots of opportunities for horseback jousting and lance charges.
- New Weapon: The Katars. The first dual-wielded weapon to join the world of Chivalry 2, the katars are a matched pair of deadly, armor-piercing, daggers for swift close range attacks. Designed for the Ambusher class, it is a very fast stab weapon that does not interrupt opponents. It also encourages the player wielding it to have good footwork and make use of dodges, as it has a very weak block. The katars make for an excellent engaging weapon, allowing Ambushers to get behind enemy lines and cut down heavily armored fighters with ease.
- Mounted Combat Map Updates: The Chivalry 2 community has been asking for more horseplay, so Torn Banner Studios has delivered, adding mounted horse combat existing maps The Raid on Aberfell (Team Objective) and The Siege of Rudhelm (Team Objective).
In addition, both new and veteran players can answer the call to arms with theChivalry 2: King’s Edition. On sale today for $59.99 for PC platforms (via Steam and Epic Games Store) and coming soon to consoles this October, the Chivalry 2: King’s Edition comes complete with exclusive cosmetic armor made famous by the fierce faction leaders from the original Chivalry: Medieval Warfare along with in-game and premium currency. Chivalry 2 players can also upgrade their edition of the game to the Chivalry 2: King’s Edition for $9.99 from the Chivalry 2 Special Edition or $19.99 from the Chivalry 2 Base Game.
Chivalry 2: King’s Edition Bonus Content:
- Rebel King’s Armor and War Helmet: Don the legendary armor worn by General Malric at the Battle of Stoneshill.
- Feydrid’s Aegis Armor and War Crown: Fight for glory and honor with the Steward King Feydrid’s royal set.
- Duke’s Talon and Kralle of Bridgetown Shields: Protect yourself with the Duke’s Talon (Mason Shield) and Kralle of Bridgetown (Agathian Shield).
- Surrender Flag Novelty Item: Live to fight another day with this novelty item, added to your spawn-in inventory.
- 1,000 Crowns + 5,000 Gold: Receive 1,000 Crowns (premium currency) and 5,000 Gold (earnable currency), used to unlock new armor, weapon appearances and more!
Chivalry 2 is a multiplayer first-person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era from clashing swords and storms of flaming arrows to sprawling castle sieges, and more. Dominate massive battlefields while catapults tear the earth apart as players lay siege to castles, set fire to villages, and slaughter filthy peasants in the return of Team Objective maps.
Improving on the original genre-defining Chivalry: Medieval Warfare in every way, Chivalry 2 invites players to master the blade with an all-new and improved combat system that combines real-time strikes and a free-flowing combo system to speed up the action and let players become a whirlwind of steel on the battlefield. Created with the ability to fight multiple foes in mind, Chivalry 2’s combat mixes the best of both FPS and fighting game genres for an unmatched melee experience.
Chivalry 2 has an MSRP of $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 for the Standard Edition, $49.99 / €49.99 / £44.99 for the Special Edition, and $59.99 for the new Chivalry 2: King’s Edition with an ESRB rating of M for Mature and a PEGI 18 rating. Developer Torn Banner Studios and publisher Tripwire Presents have more plans for events and promotions in store for Chivalry 2 players this holiday season. To stay up to date on the latest Chivalry 2 news, please sign up for the newsletter on the official website, follow Tripwire Presents, join the official Chivalry 2 Discord server, and follow the developers on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Torn Banner Studios
Torn Banner Studios is an exciting independent video game company located in Toronto, Canada. Passion and innovation are the core elements of everything that we do. We are people that truly love games and are lucky enough to be following our dreams, thanks to the incredible support from our community.
We want to go places other companies are afraid to go, because we believe great games begin with the passion of a small group of diehard fans. Those fans have the deepest understanding and appreciation for the subject they love and a vision for how it should be presented in a game. We want to breathe life into that vision and allow more people to appreciate it. We want to take on the challenging ideas that when done well create truly powerful and unique games that are remembered. You say it can’t be done? We say bring it on.
About Tripwire Interactive
Formed in 2005 as a humble independent developer founded by gamers who found success in the video game modding community, Tripwire Interactive has developed and self-published multiple critically acclaimed titles in the wildly popular Killing Floor and Rising Storm franchises, which have collectively sold over 20 million units to date. The studio’s latest project, Maneater, breaks new ground in the popular action RPG genre and finds players taking on the role of a deadly shark with the uncanny ability to evolve as it feeds.
Since then, Tripwire Interactive has expanded its business with the publishing division, Tripwire Presents, turning its experience and resources to include publishing titles spanning multiple platforms and genres from other talented independent studios. Tripwire Presents aims to help like-minded independent studios bring their titles to market, including Chivalry 2 developed by Torn Banner Studios, Espire 1: VR Operative and Espire 2 developed by Digital Lode, DECEIVE INC. developed by Sweet Bandits Studios and Road Redemption developed by EQ Games and Pixel Dash Studios. Tripwire Presents continues to grow their portfolio, and are always on the lookout for the next great team and game. Inquiries and pitches can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submitted through their publishing application form.
All product titles, publisher names, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks, registered trademarks and/or copyright material of the respective owners. All rights reserved.
Chivalry 2 © ® 2020 Torn Banner Studios Inc. Tripwire Interactive™ and Tripwire™ are trademarks owned by Tripwire Interactive LLC. Published by Koch Media, Austria. Deep Silver® is a registered trademark of Koch Media in the USA and elsewhere.
This trailer/video may only be displayed if it is behind an age-gate that: (1) is age-neutral (i.e., requires the user to input their date of birth or select it from a drop-down bar; (2) employs reasonable technical measures to keep underage users from re-entering their age after initially being denied access; and (3) does not display any ESRB rating information on the video player or the age-gate itself. Failure to implement these requirements may jeopardize your ability to obtain material of this nature from us in the future.