Be in Control on One of Britain’s Busiest Lines with
Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour – London Commuter
New Route Arrives Today on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S
KENT, U.K. – Oct. 7, 2021 – Dovetail Games is excited to announce the addition of the London Commuter route to Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour Season Pass on PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store, the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, as well as PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S. Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour – London Commuter challenges operators to overcome busy and tight schedules on one of the UK’s most demanding routes, whisking passengers from Victoria Station to Brighton on-board authentic recreations of modern locomotives.
Dating back to the 1840s and passing through the likes of Clapham Junction and East Croydon, the Brighton Main Line is a major trunk route in the South of England. Before arriving from London Victoria into Brighton, the line passes Gatwick Airport, a key hub that includes its own express services running throughout the day.
“London Commuter is one of the most challenging routes we’ve created for Train Sim World 2,” said Dovetail Games CEO Jon Rissik, “With more services and gameplay to enjoy than any other route built for the simulation so far, we’re looking forward to seeing players take control of the complex timetable in this new Rush hour experience.”
Control the many services on this newly added line; hurry commuters from the South London suburbs and East Sussex into the heart of the city and feel the rush of non-stop services for seaside goers and international travellers, all with the modern Southern Class 377/4 and Gatwick Express Class 387/2.
With the London Commuter route, operators choose how they want to play; drive trains across the 50-mile line from London Victoria to Brighton, ride as a passenger across the Reigate branch, complete the newly added route tasks, or simply pick a vantage point and watch the action unfold. You are in control of your experience with the Scenario Planner and Livery Designer. Whatever you choose to do, there’s lots to see and experience in Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour – London Commuter.
Key Features for Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour:
- New Passenger System: Adding a greater variety of passengers, new clothing and increased volumes during peak times creates the feel of operating under real-world rush hour conditions on each station approach.
- Busy Network: A wide range of services on the route ensure that players see lots of traffic moving around traveling between each station. Take control of a service and face the challenge of keeping to time on this busy commuter route.
- Updated Immersion: Enjoy a newly updated immersion controller scheme that gives players quicker access to controls and camera views. Including the new ‘head out’ camera. Can you complete a service driving with the HUD switched off?
- Free Upgrade for PS4™ system and Xbox One: Players who own Train Sim World 2 on either console can upgrade to a native PS5™ or Xbox One X|S version, no additional purchase necessary.
- Train Sim World 2 advanced simulation: Along with all the new features, players can also enjoy all the existing features of Train Sim World 2 on these new routes including creative tools like the Livery Designer and Scenario Planner, detailed tutorials and learning aids, as well as powerful realistic simulation thanks to the SimuGraph physics engine.
- Dovetail Live: Players can track and share progress of their Rush Hour experience with online stats, check the Driver Logbook to review performance, and Railfan Shots to capture and share the perfect moment.
The new route is available as part of the Rush Hour: Season Ticket, which includes Boston Sprinter, Nahverkehr Dresden and London Commuter routes, for $39.99 / £34.99, or can be purchased individually for $29.99 / £24.99. New operators can also pick up the Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour Deluxe Edition bundle which includes Train Sim World 2 and the Rush Hour expansion, priced at $49.99 / £44.99.
More information about the new routes and features included in Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour can be found below:
- Boston Sprinter: Take control on the busiest and fastest passenger rail line in the United States and explore the famed Northeast Corridor between the two state capitals of Boston and Providence aboard iconic Amtrak and MBTA equipment.
- Nahverkehr Dresden: Conquer two paths through the Saxony countryside, whether Regional, Express, S-Bahn, or Inter-City Express. Climb aboard modern DB and MRCE traction and transport both passengers and freight alike on this complex route out of Dresden’s Central station.
- London Commuter: One of Britain’s busiest main lines from the historic London Victoria, through the international hub of Gatwick Airport and into the country’s oldest railway seaside resort, Brighton. Operate both Southern and Gatwick Express locomotives through this challenging route mixing stopping, semi-fast, and express service.
For more information on Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour, visit www.trainsimworld.com and follow the game on Twitter @trainsimworld, Instagram @trainsim, TikTok @trainsimworldofficial, and Facebook @trainsimworld. Keep up with all the latest simulation news from Dovetail Games at https://live.dovetailgames.com/.
About Dovetail Games
Dovetail Games was launched in 2013. Previously trading as RailSimulator.com Ltd, the business launched in 2009 initially producing and marketing PC game Train Simulator. Today Dovetail Games is responsible for train and fishing simulation games and is developing for PC and leading consoles. http://www.dovetailgames.com.
Developed by Dovetail Games, SimuGraph Vehicle Dynamics Engine is a powerful visual modeling and simulation framework for the construction and real-time simulation of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems in the context of vehicle dynamics.
About Unreal Engine
Developed by Epic Games, the award-winning Unreal Engine is known for world-class graphics, tools and scalability across PC, console and mobile platforms. Unreal Engine technology is designed to accelerate developers’ productivity for creating high quality games, applications, training simulations, visualizations, digital films and animated entertainment. To access UE4, visit www.unrealengine.com and follow @UnrealEngine.